JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert Wouldn't you find it funny if you wrote this really detailed review of your thoughts on a book and then did something stupid like say, clicking to go to the Google home page before saving it? Yup, bravo Jess, bravo. I've decided for the time being not to rewrite the review (probably ever) so this is the shameful bullet point version of the masterpiece that I just destroyed! *drama queen*- I enjoyed the book.- It wasn't perfect.- Amazingly written.- I most enjoyed reading about the people Liz met and their stories and insights and how this affected her experiences.- I loved the Italy section the best.- India was hard to get through because I enjoyed reading about her experiences more then her growing spiritualism. - As the section went on she got less and less neutral with her philosophy.- I was expecting something along these lines to happen because it is talking about religion so I decided to push through the section.- I understand this was part of her journey that could not and probably should not be avoided.- I also acknowledged half way through the section that while following such a strict daily schedule probably didn't give her a lot to write about. (duh.) - I did still enjoy the section, she had some interesting moments and gave me some abstract ideas to think about while still meeting some interesting people.- I really enjoyed learning about Bali, the country and the people and will probably look more into it.- She went straight off the bat into her 'experienced focus' writing and I completely forgot about India.- I love how everything came together and reading about Ketut was a joy despite the fact that every time I read his name the pronunciation changed in my head.Final Thoughts - I enjoyed the book but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't really interested in the premise or is only reading it because of its popular culture relevance.Book vs. Movie - I watch the movie right after finishing the book. - My mom seemed to enjoy watching it but I probably annoyed her pointing out all the parts that were in the book and what they left out. - It felt very condensed and rushed because it was in the romantic-chick-flick genre and not in the more in-depth memoir format.- I probably would have liked it better if I had watched it first but would have gone into the book with preconceived ideas and probably wouldn't have liked the book as much. And, End. Okay people, from this point on for my own slightly, irrationally embarrassed self I'm just gonna pretend that pointless deleting never happened! And that instead of bullet points I am now saving that lovely and completed review! Becuase I can!