JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Ruby in the Smoke (Sally Lockhart Trilogy, Book 1)

The Ruby in the Smoke - Philip Pullman The Ruby in the Smoke is a young adult mystery set in Victorian London that will keep anyone and everyone reading to the very end. With two somehow intertwined mysteries, each steadily growing more and more dangerous the young Sally Lockhart is caught in the middle of it all when she receives a mysterious message after the death of her father. Everything about this book screams excellence with a well developed cast of characters that you can feel like you can invest in and a mystery that keeps you guessing with every turn. And boy, are there a lot of turns! I really feel like there is nothing more I can say other then that. Anyone interested in reading mysteries specifically for young adults, or otherwise should stop looking through reviews and go and read this for themselves.