JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Anya's Ghost

Anya's Ghost - Vera Brosgol Anya's Ghost has found the sweet spot of graphic novels. Not only is the story fantastic but the art is possibly the best that I have ever seen in glossy print.When telling a ghost story whether around a crackling camp fire or in the pages of a book you always have to be cautious how you construct your tale. Characters you care for, situations your audience can relate to, a continually growing sense of security, and the perfect turning point to make things interesting. When focusing just on the text Anya's Ghost seems just like any another ghostly apparition. But when paired with art that can be described as powerful, everything comes to life. (See what I did there... "comes to life", ha!)This is one of those books that you can honestly say is expertly crafted. And you don't just throw those words around willy-nilly when it comes to graphic novels. This is the first time where I truly want to just stop writing this review, go back to my comfy chair and re-read this. Just take my time and really look at it.Thank you Misty for bringing this book to my attention! Such a worth while read!