JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Midwife's Apprentice

The Midwife's Apprentice - Karen Cushman I was assigned The Midwife's Apprentice for an English course forever ago. However, to my surprise, I still remember this book and how much I enjoyed it despite how much of a reluctant reader I was at the time. Historical fiction has never been my cup of tea if only for the fact that the genre can be notoriously dreary. Back when I first read this I was just starting to cement my opinion that all books for middle grade readers were created to make me hate reading, however The Midwife's Apprentice surprised me. I loved the narrative and was completely engaged with the story the whole way through. I really want to re-read this one and see if I still connect with it!