JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Stealing Heaven

Stealing Heaven - Elizabeth Scott 2.5 STARS I don't have much to say about Stealing Heaven, overall it was an enjoyable read with an interesting, although predictable plot that had some really great cute moments. For me though, nothing about the book really stood out. I did like Dani as a character, she has an interesting life story after living her entire life as an accomplice to her parents crimes. But the actual theft aspect of the book is rather boring and it didn't add the intrigue that I expected it to, even though it's very present throughout the book.And then there is of course my major woe with Stealing Heaven, the mom. The mother is such a large and important part of the story that I wish at least a little bit more time was put into filling out her motives. "I'm a thief and really not that into doing what is best for my daughter! Did I mention I like to steal shiny things? Oh! and manipulate, then have sex with a lot of guys?" Although it worked well in the story this just really wasn't doing anything for me. If I was Dani I would have had a least been a little bit more outraged at some of the "mom of the year" moments scattered throughout the story. A little bit of a side note here, if I have a perfectly great mom does this mean nothing exciting will ever happen in my life? I mean, she is a single parent so that might give me a bit of an edge! But up against all these orphans and dead beat parents her love is really weighing down my chances of a novelized adventure. She doesn't even have unrealistically high expectations and is all "love yourself", "be who you are", "you can do anything"! Honestly, how is that fair? Okay, I'm done.The wrap up of the book was well enough as a conclusion. My only complaint is that it didn't have much tie in with the rest of the book and ways segwayed into so poorly. Like when you think there is one more step on a flight of stairs but there isn't and your foot just falls when it doesn't hit the next step. *Dramatisation*Were are in Heaven with Greg.Next Chapter:Were in a car? How did we get in a car? Are we not in Heaven anymore? Maybe were just driving in Heaven. Nope, not in Heaven. We are now somewhere else.So, where exactly are we? Dani? Anyone?*end Dramatisation*My conclusion, this book is a nice relatively light read with a summery feel that would be great to just pick up off the shelf and have a go at. But not something to move to the top of your to-read list in a hurry.