JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Suite Scarlett

Suite Scarlett - Maureen Johnson has written a story that lets you indulge in the romanticism of the New York theatre scene of both past and present. Although the characters fall into the same ol' norms of the genre the writing keeps the story alive giving us some truly quotable lines and young adult references. In the end all came together very well for a nice, light, peppy read . I am especially grateful to this book because when I read it I was sitting in summer humidity that was possibly about to become my doom. I was sticky and yucky, but despite my overall mood I was liking this story. I was happy to let go and relax in a book with characters that felt real but still left room for eccentric and fabulous moments. It's these moments that make this type of book not only fun to read but good for the eccentric in all of us.