JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green This. Book. Is. Awesome. Now, whenever I come across a book I really love I always find it hard to write something expressing why exactly I love that book specifically over other books. With WG, WG this trend persist. Please bare with me while I ramble this out. The writing by both John Green and David Levithan is so different in style and story line but in the end meld together incredibly well. The characters have a wonderful over arc of gayness and yet this ultimate guy on guy love fest is not the pinnacle of the story. I love that. It's not about coming out or being gay in an non-gay world, it's about friendships and relationships and figuring out why these things are awesome despite how flawed people really are. That is another thing that I love entirely, these characters actually seem like real people, granted people who you probably would never meet, but people that act, and think, and behave like people really do. In most YA fiction you would never see characters get an entire page to rant about their feeling to another character, or having to deal with their emotions in a way that shows their is no right answer. In most YA fiction you do not get the experience of gradually shifting emotions that real people deal with, this book contained an up and down that felt like one of those kiddie roller-coasters at the fair, it's not overly exaggerated for the sake of the ride, it is a steady, yet still incredibly enjoyable experience. I loved how every 10 pages their was a line or a moment that would make me laugh, out loud, in front of people I don't even know, unashamed to disrupt their silence again, and again.It's just so funny! Then it would get all cute and then it would be deep or emotional, and then it would be really funny again! This is the sort of book that I want to have on my physical shelf so that I can pick it up, flip to a random page, giggle, and go on with my day tickled.Overall, this is an awesome book, and I love it, and that is all I need to say.