JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes - 13 Little Blue Envelopes was a disappointment for me. I had high expectations and I just love Maureen Johnson, so I tried really hard to like this book, but it left me feeling bitter.My problem lied mostly with Ginny, it felt like all she could do was complain. You're on this amazing, once in a life time adventure, and complaining about every little thing the whole way through. I expected there to be some of that, jet-lag can be a bitch, but it was too much complaining, not enough adventure. It just didn't balance out.There were some really great moments where I would get pulled into the plot and characters, but then she would think something bratty and I would just get frustrated again. I did end up investing in how everything would come together, but the character narration was just too distracting for me. I had a love it / hate it roller-coaster ride. Also, parents! Where the hell are the adults? Does the YA genre break down when parents actually play an active role in, you know, PARENTING?