JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Naked Heat (Nikki Heat Series, Book. 2)

Naked Heat - Richard Castle Naked Heat is a great sequel to the last book and an equally great kick-back to the show. The mystery was full of twist and turns that it tossed me back and forth enough to give me wipe lash. The over the top mystery and tangled personal relationships kept the story interesting enough to have me not wanting to put it down. As a fan of the show [Castle] I loved seeing the little moments from Castle's writing experience on the series translated into the actual book. There are a lots of tie-ins to individual episodes and it made me giddy to spot them. However, the piggy backing of the shows characters can be enough to draw you out of the story completely, while this cannot be avoided, Naked Heat seemed to improve in this area compared to what I remember in the previous book.The only downside for me was the occasional feeling that despite the twists of drama the detectives seemed to be taking each turn unnaturally well. It down played the unbelievable discoveries and made it feel less genuine. In the end Naked Heat was a good story that I expected to enjoy as a fan and did. Edit March 2013: It's been three years since I read this book and I just don't think it's worth continuing with the series. Although it is a fun concept having the book tie in with the show, I get enough of the show on my TV screen. Sometimes it's best to let a show breath and not smother it with too much attention.