JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Sailor Moon Vol. 2 (Sailor Moon (Kodansha))

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 - Naoko Takeuchi, Naoko Takeuchi, William Flanagan Now that we've gotten all the introductions out of the way, I'm excited to see where Sailor Moon will take me. This volume was all about the mythology. It answers a lot of the questions posed in volume one. And although it didn't have a lot of information about the Guardians themselves, the mission has become infinitely more clear. This can only be a good thing as the plot quickly progresses. I'm still surprised how much happens in just these first two books. In just this volume alone there were over four different plot lines and they managed to each have a satisfying arc. All the characters are being used, even introducing more active characters.There were some points early in the story that had me cringing a little bit, mostly because of the budding relationship between Tuxedo Mask and Usagi. But I am happy to report on the insta-love front, that the whole "haven't even had a proper conversation yet" has been acknowledged! Yay acknowledgement! One of my major qualms with instant relationships is when no one even thinks that things are going to fast. And with their history finally be divulged in non-vague terms, I'm becoming more accepting of the two of them with their "destiny" and whatever. We'll see if this series finally hits five stars with the next book. I'm on a major manga kick, (my deepest apologies to my non-manga reading friends if you see this) and with the next two books all lined up for me I can't wait to keep reading!