JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood - This was a amazing story but for some reason I find it hard to properly explain why. Maybe it's because of the subject matter, I see news reports almost everyday yet could never imagine what it would be like to live in Iran let alone a war zone. I always found it hard to put myself realistically in the position of someone else when I knew only what I've seen knowing so little about how people living in the country handled their day to day happenings. When I first saw this book here on Goodreads I knew I wanted to read it but I didn't know what exactly what to expect. And now that I'm done I can say I enjoyed reading this book, it didn't just tell me the facts but it showed me what it was like living in a country I've never visited for one young girl and her family. This graphic novel delivers this story in a way that just couldn't be replicated in 153 pages of pure text. It wasn't a comparison, it wasn't a news story, it was just a graphic novel with a story to tell and that was probably what I loved the most.