JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Cleopatra's Moon

Cleopatra's Moon (Audio) - Vicky  Alvear Shecter, Kirsten Potter June 20 2013: Right now I'm at a rest point. I feel like Cleopatra's Moon will be a slow burn. I love the intensity and how intricately weaved the story is. The audiobook has compelled me to stay up way past my bedtime on more than one occasion. On the other hand, for my sensitive disposition it can be draining. I'm currently on hour four of ten total and I just can't convince myself to pick this back up again, despite how good it is, without a bit of a break. To give you an idea of my love/hate relationship with this book here are some of the notes I've taken so far:Historical fiction: Where nothing good ever happened... like seriously ever.Historical fiction: Be happy you don't live in the past... nothing is happy in the past. Historical fiction: You have a friend? All you're friends are dead (or will be soon enough).Historical fiction: Family? What family? All your family is dead.Historical fiction: Murder! Murder all the things!!Historical fiction: Everything in the past is dead now... Here's a detailed account on how that happened.Historical fiction: Love only leads to death. Happiness only leads to death. All things lead to death. You're better off just not touching anything. BUT I LOVE IT! urgh!