JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) - I bought the book because of the good reviews the young adult series as a whole has been receiving and I was not at all disappointed. The story is really driven by the references to the mythology that they include throughout the book. Although sometimes the amount of myth we're introduced to becomes overwhelming I do hope that some of this back knowledge will be farther developed in the rest of the series. I enjoyed reading the story because it gave me the basic idea of having the Greek Gods in a modern world and let my imagination run with it. My only real problem with the book was the general lack of explanation that was going on inside the story, a lot of Percy's questions never get answered point blank and because of this the reader is sometimes just as confused with the situation as he is. I personally found that this feeling persisted to far into the bulk of the book. Though the book may not be totally perfect it was defiantly something to build off of and will hopefully create a story that only gets better.I can't wait to see where the series goes!