JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Fruits Basket Volume 23

Fruits Basket, Vol. 23 - Natsuki Takaya I have all the feelings. Volume 23 is an epilogue, so really 22 is where it ends. However we are left with 23 showing us the new beginnings. Finally each of them are looking forward and grasping at the new opportunities ahead of them. Some people will find this book unnecessary, but I loved seeing how everything truly comes together. The entire journey of this manga was to get to a point where new beginnings exist for everyone. I'm so happy right now but with how incredibly attached I am to this series I'll probably feel a little sad that's it's over later. I pulled an all nighter of nothing but Fruits Basket and I am so incredibly glad that I did. With all the ups and downs and way-way downs that transpired, this story had me on an emotional roller-coaster of epic proportions. It's more then just wanting to pair characters up and watch love blossom, it's about wanting to see each and everyone of these sad, hurt people become whole again. Fruits Basket is about watching as each event takes place bringing them closer to their eventual happiness. All the while this series still made me laugh and awwww with girlish delight while setting me up for the next punch to the face. The writing and art have been perfectly paired giving me dialogue that knocked me down, while the art showed the gradual growth in the characters. I have so much to say that I'm planning on writing a full review of the entire series at some later date. That's why I've been annoying you all with the constant updates with each volume. I like to say my thoughts as soon as I've finished because I know I'll be able to come back and remember my feelings with the full power of when I first had them and not as some distant after thought. But that's for more then just a review, I like remembering things that I love and look forward to comparing my first experiences with my next and my next and so forth. I think this is something I'll return to without fail.