JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Fruits Basket Volume 16

Fruits Basket, Volume 16 - Natsuki Takaya So many characters! It's strange seeing almost all of them in the same place all involved in different stories. For a cast this big I'm constantly surprised by how connected I feel to each of the characters. Over only sixteen volumes I feel like I already know so much, but love constantly learning more and more.This volume has a number of different story lines handling a bunch of different characters, all of which had something really interesting happening. We start off by learning about the history of Tohru's parents from the view point of her mother, but told by Kyo. It was fascinating to see how Kyo's encounter with Mrs. Honda is now effecting his relationship with Tohru. Her mother plays such a big part in her life that I'm happy to finally get the story of the relationship that resulted in such a kind young girl. We also get to learn more about student councils mysterious Machi, which I have been looking forward to since she was introduced. And her story does not disappoint, even measuring up to the Sohma level of complicated.The story has really moved forward with this one and I'm just super excited to see what happens next!