JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Fruits Basket Volume 11: v. 11

Fruits Basket, Vol. 11 - Natsuki Takaya I love that despite the fact that Fruits Basket is full of all this light humor and fluffy romance underneath it does have this incredibly dark undertone. That tone was definitely the focus of this volume, completely due to Akito's toxic presence. It really shows that the Sohma zodiac is a group of incredibly damaged and sometimes just screwed up people and although we've seen that really emphasized with Kyo and Yuki this is the first time you really see how this effects everyone involved and why that has happened. I think this is also the point in which the similarities with the anime may begin to tapper off. The story lines that the anime had were very much taken from the manga or at least had moments from the manga in mind. I'm starting to see some divination between the two, so I don't know if there is much cross over to be had beyond this point. Speaking of the anime, I finally watched the last few episodes (dubbed) last month and enjoyed how they ended their arc even though the episodes were very contained stories.