JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Batman: Year One

Batman: Year One - This is my first official Batman comic book, as well as my first official time reading a comic book ever. After researching all the essential reading, looking specifically into Batman continuity and days of waiting for my library request I was finally able to get my hands on this book. And to be completely honest, I was sort of nervous reading it. I mean what if I didn't like it? Would I be smited by the Comic Gods? Would this taint my comic experience forever? My dramatics felt appropriate at the time. Now I'm glad to say that this book lived up to and beyond my well researched expectations. It was a great look into the beginning of Batman, having only known him from cartoons, movies, and pop culture it's really quite amazing to see his origin story told from a very real perspective that being a teenager not introduced to the comics I don't normally see when their advertising belt buckles and Halloween costumes. I will say however that at this point in my reading I really have nothing else to say beyond that. This I feel was a great place to start and it has excited me to read more but I have no real basis to judge the unjudgeable. Everything about this was amazing but I would expect nothing less.