JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Evermore (Immortals Series #1)

Evermore - Alyson Noel Every time I see this title or cover, I tend to cringe a little. This book is far from popular among most discerning readers and whenever I see it I always feel that little tug inside of me to erase the high four-star rating. Those little orange stars stare at me in judgement, as I know you fellow reviewers and friends may very well be doing the same. It's true that it has been a very long time since I read Evermore, and so this is not a defence of the plot or characters as I have only vague memories of them. You see, I plead before you that in my youth I was not as well versed in separating the good from the bad as I am now. Despite my amnesia of the book itself, I can still remember reading it. I stayed up all night to finish it, and will admit before the jury that I was enjoying it thoroughly. From most of the reviews I've read the majority of people see this as cookie-cutter fallout of the YA-paranormal debacle. But not everyone hates the book, some see it as a stand out if only because it has the gal to deal with "immortals" rather then vampires. The thing is, unless I decide to come back to reread this book in the future I can't give any opinion on the matter. I can say though, that this book was part of my introduction to mainstream YA and probably my first encounter of paranormal fantasy, maybe even before Twilight. I know that this fact may boggle some of you long time readers out there, but up till the last 3 years I hadn't really been into reading for the sake of reading. This may not be the best of young adult literature, or any literature at that, but it was fun to read at the time in my life when I read it. Although I will never continue with the series, this book served a purpose for me.So, for that reason alone, I'll be sticking by my four stars, hoping that you may understand and show mercy upon me.