JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

B.O.D.Y., Volume 1 - Ao Mimori Rating 2.5Grabbing B.O.D.Y of the shelf, the story seemed cute or at least cute enough to be a fun manga style romance. The main characters are what made this story for me, with the contrast between them and the twist in how their romance plays out made me interested in seeing where things would go. By the time I finished reading I couldn't tell you the characters names, but there personalities definitely stood out. Overall, the story was cute and readable, but it felt like it kept jumping all over the place, changing the direction of the plot, and altering the characters to fit those changes. Everything moved along really quickly, so quickly that the romance was more a series of moments then anything I could latch onto. The art of the book is something I'm pretty happy with. I've really hit a winning streak in finding manga with nice looking designs. It's nothing overly memorable, but great to look at, and most importantly the art really helps flesh out the characters by showing how they respond to each other. In the end, I did like the manga but if I didn't already have the next book in the series sitting in front of me this isn't the sort of thing I would have gone out of my way to seek out again.