JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Toradora! Vol. 1 - Yuyuko Takemiya, Zekkyo Of all the ways for two characters to be brought together being united in an oblivious attempt to pursue other romantic interests is possibly one of my favourites. I'll help you with you're crush, if you help me with mine! Hijinx ensue!! I think this first volume of Toradora is a great jumping off point. It sets up the characters personalities so perfectly that you just know this is going to be good. Our two leads, Takasu Ryuuji and Aisaka Taiga, may not not seem like a good fit at first, but you can feel their chemistry almost automaticly. I expect tons of adorableness is to come from these two! If you've read or watched anything Haruhi Suzumiya related then this couple is going to feel very familiar. The kind, domestic guy, that works hard and has trouble with girls, paired with the loud, hot tempered girl, who is used to getting what she wants, but is ultimately just a huge spaz. What differs these two series is very important as the similarities stop with the characters. Haruhi Suzumiya is supernatural, science fiction, fantasy focused and Toradora is a romantic comedy romp, but the similarities are striking enough that cross recommendation is probably bound to happen. I'm just super enthusiastic about reading the next volume. This is the first manga volume one I've read in a while that I've liked without coming away with a ton of complaints. You've got my attention Toradora!