JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Catherine, Called Birdy - Karen Cushman Catherine, Called Birdy was an assigned novel for one of my English courses along with [b:The Midwife's Apprentice|15595|The Midwife's Apprentice|Karen Cushman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1305983479s/15595.jpg|168119]. Unfortunately for Birdy, I ended up enjoying the later much more and that played a part in my views of it. I wish I could have been more charmed by this. I can only say that I enjoyed it well enough. Birdy is captivating in the best ways, but the way the time period is described didn't interest me in the least. However, to give the book credit it did capture my attention during my reluctant reader phase, which is a feat in itself. The circumstances of it being assigned also definitely coloured my prescription of it.