JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Temping Fate - Esther M. Friesner This is one of my pre-goodreads books and out of all of them Temping Fate is a tough one for me to review now just because I remember so much about it. At the time I read this I enjoyed it for what it is, a light take on Greek myth in a modern day setting. I was interested in the plot and the way Friesner found ways to weave the epic nature of Greek mythology into a modern day setting. But what really made this book for me was how I related to the main character Ilana and everything about who she is. She is the driving force behind the story and if you don't connect with her connecting with the rest of it will be hard. I know that if I were to read this now, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I did then. 2009 me would be raving about it right now, whereas 2013 me is a bit more tepid. If you liked [b:Oh. My. Gods.|2342943|Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods, #1)|Tera Lynn Childs|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349017832s/2342943.jpg|2349651], then you definitely should at least check this out. I would almost say that this would be perfect for middle grade or younger YA readers because the story doesn't have a lot of weight to it and it is a pretty easy read.