JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Quicksilver - Stephanie Spinner Quicksilver first caught my attention when I was making a list of books recommended by the ALA for Young Adult readers. I was still new the YA section of the library and didn't know my way around, but Quicksilver seemed like a good place to start. Here we have a story about the Greek god Hermes. Hermes has always been a favourite of mine when it comes to Greek mythology, but so often he gets pushed aside for the more scandalous Olympian gods. This story was easy to read and enjoyable. What makes it so special is that it is told from Hermes perspective. Not many books about Greek Myth tell their stories from the direct perspective of one of the gods. It gives Quicksilver a great selling point and an interesting angle to the character. Actually, I enjoyed Spinner's writing so much that I went and sought out [b:Quiver|13196|Quiver|Stephanie Spinner|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320508016s/13196.jpg|15363], which is her first YA book about Greek mythology. Unfortunately, it just didn't live up to my experience with Quicksilver. This is worth checking out as some light reading for those interested in Greek Mythology and looking for a new perspective on it.