JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Imperfectionists - Tom Rachman As a young adult reader it was a big jump going from "realistic" YA to how realistic really could be written. When I first picked up this book I wasn't sure exactly what to expect and after the first chapter I wasn't sure I would come out being interested in the story, but as I read on I really began to love what I was reading. The Imperfectionists is a story about an international newspaper and the people who love, live and breath the news they print. Going into the personal lives of people you could very well meet while walking down the street and never really talk to.The individual plot weren't always the most enjoyable. They were as full of excitement as I'm use to, but never-the-less, I found the story oddly gripping. Amazingly well written, the author manages to combine not only an intriguing plot but create believable characters weaving everything together in a setting that is both ordinary and exotic.At first it seemed a bit of a boring thing to read about, ordinary people, and for some people it would be but this is what I like about fiction, the ability to experience and learn about people, places and events that I wouldn't have otherwise imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the rise and fall from the very beginning in each "flash back", it was by far my favourite part tying everything together and adding detail and gravity to the newspaper setting. I'm really quite glad I picked this book up partly because I don't think I'll ever find anything quite like it again. It had it's flaws but though the over all oddness of my reading experience I don't really mind nor remember them.