JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives - Frank Warren A book of secrets, attached to a website of secrets, attached to hundred of thousands of people who all have something to say, something to share, and something to hide. I picked this book up from the library after having followed the website for the last year, interested in the entire concept and all the realities that come with it. Now normally when reviewing a book the point to a review is to form an opinion about the books content with PostSecret however this is not something that could easily be undertaken. The real content of this book wasn't printed on the pages but the secrets tucked between them. The first one written on a postcard of a cat "The only reason I can draw is because I picked up a pen instead of hurting myself" surrounded by artful pen drawings and another written on the back of the library receipt for the book about how a smile and a friendship saved their life even though that person will never know it with a "PS Your unicorn impression still makes me smile"Even though these people didn't submit their secrets to Frank Warren they're still just as out there able to be seen by anyone willing to read them. And even though I'd never send my own secret though the postal service there are three secrets in this book now. Because really, what do I have to lose?