JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Nana, Vol. 1 - Ai Yazawa I remember reading Nana back when I first discovered the world of online scanlations. This was my first realistic contemporary series that lacked that element of adorable that I was so accustom associating with manga at the time. I don't know how far I got in the series, but I loved every second of it and stayed up well past any reasonable bedtime to continue reading. Coming back to this so many years later has me wanting to re-read the series and re-connect with where I left off. However, everywhere I look is saying that the series on semi-permanent hiatus after Ai Yazawa became ill back in 2009. From what I've read it must have been a pretty serious condition and after over three years with no talks of a return Nana may just end with volume 21. For now this keeps me at bay from picking this up again, but I don't doubt that I'll break down and begin re-reading at some point, even with the doubt of the series ever being continued.