JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Thank You Notes - 'Jimmy Fallon',  'the Writers of Late Night' Jimmy Fallon is one of the talk show hosts I actually occasionally watch, but I feel like this book was mistreated. The Thank You Note segment is such a great, simple concept that you can do pretty much anything with it. So the notes themselves were all to the standard you could expect with varying quality and varying effectiveness. If you're a really die-hard fan of Jimmy, you'll probably enjoy it no matter what. However, I saw this was an opportunity to do something visually interesting with the physical design of the book. All it would have taken is one artistic person! Each page has a Thank You note next to a full colour photograph. The quality of the majority of photos is pretty poor, so needless to say I was annoyed when I got to the end of the book only see that most of the photographs were taken from various stock image websites. Which lead me to the second thing that annoyed me, the attribution. There's two full pages at the end of the book to credit the photographers of the shock images used. The writers however were attributed as "Jimmy Fallon with the Writers of Late Night." I think that the quality of the jokes may have been more consistent if the actual writers weren't boiled down to a nameless, faceless entity. I know that the people who contributed may not care, but giving credit to the Google image searches you did and not to the people who work for you is just a dick move no matter what.So yes, I was disappointed with this. I was hoping for something more. But if you are a fan of the show this book only takes an hour to flip through and might give you a good chuckle. It's worth checking out, but not necessarily worth spending $13 on.