JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Soul Eater, Vol. 1 - I know there are a lot of ghost story concepts in manga, there are so many I can't even begin to count. The idea of the soul is always incredibly interesting and here it's used to a fantastical end. However, I watched a good portion of the anime before reading this first volume and that without a doubt affected my experience. The anime is beat for beat the same as the manga. That meant the Soul Eater I was first introduced to was different, with vibrate colour and great character voices, and yet very much the same. I still enjoyed reading the book! The story is interesting enough that I don't mind reliving it in manga form.