JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Low Pressure - Sandra Brown I started this book knowing I probably wouldn't enjoy Low Pressure. Sandra Brown may very well be a great author, but no matter how hard I try I just can't get into her books. However, I try because this is one of my cousin-in-law's most read authors and she is the only other person in my family that reads with any sort of dedication. When I saw this as a giveaway here on GR I figured I might as well enter and bring up the non-event at the next family dinner to strike up some awkward conversation. But then I actually won a copy and whenever I get a free book I feel the crushing weight of obligation to read it. So, I tried once more to read a Sandra Brown novel. I then promptly admitted defeat. This book is just not my genre. Although I enjoy mysteries I sway towards more Agatha Christie-like books then I ever would something in the suspense genre. My way of telling apart the books I will enjoy from the books I probably won't in the vast mystery section of my library is if on the cover the author's name is larger then the title. I would pick it up and put it down. Pick up. Put down. Pick up. Put down in some place I hope I won't find it. Pick up because I didn't do that great of job. The writing itself is fine. Brown is experienced enough to know how to build a plot and move things along. I just wasn't very interested in said plot, or the characters, and especially not enough to sustain me for some 400 more pages of Stop Light reading. So I'm rating it a two and leaving it at that. I didn't hate it, the book was fine, just not my type of book. I received this book from Goodreads First Reads.