JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Seiho Boys' High School!, Vol. 1 - Kaneyoshi Izumi This was a strange one. In the world of shojo, this book is an oddity. The story follows a group of boys living at a secluded boarding school. They are horny, lonely, and looking for love at every possible opportunity with no success what so ever. At first I didn't think I would like this. It's definitely not my thing and if the first three volumes weren't on the library shelf I probably wouldn't have bothered. I was pleasantly surprised. The book is broken up into three main stories and an unrelated side story. The art is pretty fantastic and each male is an individual which I mark as an accomplishment in and of itself. The writing is interesting. It reads very real, yet still has that shojo vibe to it. I really, really did not expect to like this one bit, but there was a nice balance between the heartfelt moments and the no-holds horniness. It's not for everyone, but worth a try. I'm interested enough to at least read the next one, which may not be a ringing endorsement, but certainly unexpected. This was a weird 2.7999 STARS rating.