JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb I loved this book. It was dark and mesmerizing in the best sort of ways. This is so unlike anything I had read before, especially when it comes to the paranormal genre. It's like a those old ghost stories that don't make you incredibly scared, but instead sad for how lost a person can become after death. Each character felt real. Hauntingly real. And the romance was one part magical and one part consequential. A warning should be said however, the story does touch upon religion/faith and personally I don't know how this would change the story for people who are religious. It may sour the ending for some. I would definitely advise caution. Personally, the ending was amazing for me. As things progressed, I didn't know how it would all tie together. But then it happens and it's unlike anything I would have expected to happen. I honestly need to read this again. Like right now.