JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

InuYasha: Turning Back Time, Vol. 1 - Rumiko Takahashi InuYasha is a series that I adore. While I watched the anime I feel in love with the characters and would end up sneaking out of my bedroom late at night to catch the show week after week. It was the show that introduced me to anime and at the time I didn't even know what manga was.It would make sense for my adoration to transfer itself over to the manga. I mean, they did end the anime series early and it's one of my favourite properties of all time. However, my love for the story and characters may be the one thing that's holding me back really loving the manga. I wasn't incredibly impressed by the first couple of volumes when I read them early last year. The story felt less fluid and the art is in that older style of drawing that I'm not incredibly fond of. It's a difficult adjustment to make, seeing something you love in a different medium and I stopped reading before I was able to adjust to it. Something that's also giving me some difficulty is the story itself. Because the anime was so incredibly faithful to the manga's material (at least as far as I've read), this isn't anything new to me. Even the dialogue matches up word for word in some places. For someone is still cooing over the anime it's hard to really get into the series because that element of surprise, being introduced to something new, not knowing a characters history, motivation, and future, just isn't there any more. So I've marked this series as dropped, but just for now! At some point I am going to read this series then entire way through, all 56 volumes of it, because it is so close to my heart. But it has to be at a point where returning to this doesn't activate my sense of deja vu. If you love something, sometimes you've got to let it go and hope it comes back to you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to retreat to my dark corner and cry.