JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Love You to Death  - Meg Cabot Although I've yet to be really wowed by the Mediator series, I still liked what I've read so far. Everything in this book really meshed. Although I'm still having some little problems here and there, I love how the characters are developing. This book had a ghostly encounter that I thought was really interesting, it upped the danger really well while still keeping it in the realm of possibilities.I only have two major complaints. But I'm hopeful that as I read more I'll get more of what I'm looking for. Maybe? I don't know.. I wish that I could see Suze be more self-sufficient. She made a point in this book to say that she handled a lot of ghosts before she moved to California, so maybe she knows what she's doing without Father Dom and Jesse. She's sort of reminding me of the later versions of Daphne from Scooby Doo. She's a fighter, but still manages to get herself stuck. The difference is sometimes Daphne would get to swoop in and help the boys.Speaking of boys. Complaint #2: The romance between Jesse and Suze just isn't selling me. I'm not against it, but since the romance takes a back-seat to ghost encounters I've yet to see anything that has me invested in that relationship. I like the idea of Jesse. I like what Cabot is building up to. He just keeps hitting the same couple of notes and doesn't have any of the charisma or conflict that I look for in a leading man. He's a ghost. He speaks some Spanish. He like lectures, being cryptic, being the hero, and cats. Yay? It's been three books now, I should like this guy more! I already love Suze's brothers! Their characterization is great. Maybe Jesse can borrow some?Still. Good book. I liked it. Don't forget that I liked it. I do a lot of complaining on books that I like. Maybe because it's part of a series and I want to see the series get better as I go along. I liked this book more then I liked the last one, so we're already on an upward climb. Let's keep the good things going and the meh things less meh-y.