JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Go the Fuck to Sleep - Adam Mansbach, Ricardo Cortés So I'm not a parent, at the ripe age of seventeen I shouldn't even be giving a second look at anything to do with parenthood, outside of preventing it. (One healthy dose of Teen Mom twice a year is good enough at present time.) But I do have a thing for picture books and seeing this was too good to pass over. My conclusion, I really want to remember this book. This is the sort of thing that parents of dastardly children will have a special appreciation for. But I did get a certain kick out of it as a former terror of the night myself. I was definitely one of those kids to which this would apply and I'm infinitely surprised looking back at the patience my mother maintained over those many, many years. Me and sleep had the tenuous relationship where I didn't like it and it didn't like me, so getting me to sleep was no easy task. On that alone this made me smile.However, as my only negative, I wasn't the biggest fan of the illustrations for some pages. Humor doesn't give a picture book a pass on the overall art.