JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 04 - Karuho Shiina Out of everything so far I think this volume has best shown Sawako's capacity for kindness. When I first started the series I thought that the majority of her actions seemed to stem simply from how clueless she is when it comes to other people and what they expect of her. However, this volume really shows what she's like as a person. An adorable former social outcast to be sure, Sawako is also an incredibly compassionate character no matter the circumstances. I also loved seeing the Ryu moments in this volume. His encounter with Sawako is definitely going to play into the story later on and I can't wait to see what happens on that front! Kazehaya didn't play a huge part this time around in person, but Kurumi's presence more then made it so he was never truly absent. I really enjoyed seeing how, even though she isn't the person Sawako thought she was (no duh), she doesn't get played up as this big romantic villain. She's definitely still an antagonist, but Kurumi is shown as a very real person who just isn't entirely sure what to do when faced with someone as honest as Sawako is.