JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Fred Herzog Photographs - Fred Herzog, Claudia Gochmann, Felix Hoffmann This time around Fred Herzog is getting a beautifully printed collection of his colour photographs and let me tell you, Herzog is a master. Not only does he know how to take a photograph that no words can properly describe, but when you look at these snap shots you are transported to a place both back in time and in the most unusual, yet common of places. A few of the photographs featured here are ones I already recognized from Fred Herzog: Vancouver Photographs and to understand the complete scope of my love for these photographs I simply direct your attention to my review of that collection. The essay and preface here were short and sweet, and the commentary on the transition from black and white to colour was something that as a casual photography lover I found incredibly fascinating. To see something new of Herzog's work had me incredibly excited, and I am so happy with how this collects looks. Every photograph is a favourite, and frankly I am desperate to see more.