JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Book of Awesome - Neil Pasricha The Book of Awesome is a 393 page reminder that great, AWESOME things come in the most simple of moments.Through lives small triumphs, moments of easily forgotten fun, guilty giggles, and the tiniest realizations, we spend our time going from one thing to the next and in the shuffle I sometimes forget to really enjoy the things I do. The Book of Awesome goes through those seconds of daily life and finds those situations that we pass by and re-lives, examines, and champions them with all the humor and lightheartedness you would expect. I found this book to be really fun, so much so my list of favourite entries got too long and jumbled to keep track of. The Book of Awesome has this great combination of experience story-telling and humor. It can get a bit repetitive with the distinct writing style/pattern that Pasricha uses but the transition between the blog format and book was pretty well done. This isn't something that you read through in one sitting though, it's the type of book that's great to just have around and read whenever you're in the mood for it. I think it can be best described as a mood booster and I definitely enjoyed it best in those moments where I needed something to give myself a little down time and LOLCATS just aren't doing it for me. With that said, I can see myself coming back to this in the future or at least checking out The Book of (Even More) Awesome orThe Book of (Holiday) Awesome: When the Christmas Lights All Work, Successfully Regifting a Present, Drinking with Grandma. I'd mention the blog itself, but I'm sure I don't need to waste anymore time then I already do on the internet. If you're interested in the overall concept, it's a great book to at least flip through.