JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Love Com, Vol. 8 (Love.com (Viz Media)) - Aya Nakahara The (actually getting somewhere) love story of Koizumi and Otani continues! This is the volume where I'll stop including synopses of the general storyline in the review itself as an opener. I like using them because it does help me with future reference but it's getting harder to write something out that doesn't include spoilers for previous volumes. I'll try to include them when I can but for now I'll be breaking my format. I found this volume rather a standard of the genre. I mean, I really enjoyed some of the moments shared between Otani and Koizumi but the throw-away love interest of Mimi was a little "MEH". Although it was pretty much unavoidable that a antagonist love interest for Otani would pop up at some point I just didn't think it was worth it in the end. It seemed like an excuse to stir the pot rather then to actually sever a purpose in the story or their relationship.I think that this has been my lowest rating for the series thus far but I don't know, this volume just didn't do much for me. Still, enjoyable but not the follow up I would have been hoping for after the greatness of Volume 7. Which might be the biggest thing effecting my unimpressed feeling. I would have liked something a bit stronger. Extra: Here's a tally of all of the third-party-people involved in this budding love story. I think it may help me keep track as I have a feeling this list will be very long when it's all said and done. Third Party LOVE*FEST 1 - Ex-girlfriend (misunderstanding!) 2 - Childhood friend: Haruka (douche!) 3 - New girl: Seiko (mandatory cross-dresser!) 4 - Mr. Mighty (magic love manipulator!)5 - Mimi (a model love-interest!)