JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Love Com, Vol. 6 - Aya Nakahara The (seriously, still one-sided) love story of Koizumi and Otani continues!In this volume, Koizumi takes another spin on the Otani:"duur?" roller-coaster. But while Otani is off acting like a space cadet, we get introduced to a brand spankin' new character Mighty!, the newly arrived class co-teacher and substitute basketball coach. He's "Mighty Fine!" and might just the thing that Koizumi needs to give Otani that smack in the face we've been waiting for. It's always a process but Mighty steps up to the plate and takes on the challenge. With his "Mighty magic" can he somehow bring those two together? ... Well, it certainly couldn't hurt to try!Side note: I'm starting to notice that I use the idea of a "roller-coaster" a lot with manga relationships... I need to come up with other ideas.So, part of me finds a teacher getting involved in the relationships of their students a little bit creepy, but at this point these two could totally use the help. I mean, I love Otani, but sometimes I gotta wonder about that kid. I want to pat him on the head, then punch him in the face. I get really over-emotional sometimes. But the little moments of realization in this, the way his eyes get all wide and you can almost see the gears turning in his head, are really excellent. I'm very impressed by Nakahara's ability to show a characters thoughts through there expressions. Although I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be satisfied by Otani and his new found realizations when everything is said and done. Extra:Here's a tally of all of the third-party-people involved in this budding love story. I think it may help me keep track as I have a feeling this list will be very long when it's all said and done. Third Party LOVE*FEST 1 - Ex-girlfriend (misunderstanding!) 2 - Childhood friend: Haruka (douche!) 3 - New girl: Seiko (mandatory cross-dresser!) 4 - Mr. Mighty (magic love manipulator!)