JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Drink, Slay, Love - Sarah Beth Durst Drink, Slay, Love is possibly one of the most creative vampire concepts that I have ever come across. You can tell just from the synopsis that mixing vampires and unicorns is bound to be at least somewhat interesting. I was however, not prepared to spend almost the entirety of today with my head in this book, entranced by Pearl's unusual circumstances of vampire turned daywalker.With the saturation of vampire fiction of both the good and the bad, Drink, Slay, Love is always going to stick out for me. Durst grabbed me with her characters. Pearl is not only interesting to read about but her behaviour and her personality came to life in the story. (Ha! See what I did there "came to life".) The same can be said for the plot which built itself up in an obvious way but still managed to be incredibly unpredictable. (Turns out unicorns are not predictable creatures, who knew.) Sprinkled with banter and loved up with some good old fashioned murder I found myself head over heels for this book. When reading it was like slipping into a nice pair of comfy pj pants after a long day. The story wasn't overly complicated, the writing wasn't trying to be as flowery as shakespeare (although some shakespeare is involved) and I could just let myself have fun getting sucked in (ha!) by every bit of funny dialogue.I absolutely drank up this story and highly recommend that you at least give it a taste.