JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 1 - Aya Nakahara So, I've watched the anime and somehow managed to watch the live-action movie. (The things you can stumble upon on YT, seriously.) It was only a matter of time till I finally picked up the original manga... right? Now that day has come (years later) and here I am having a hoot with my heart all a gigglin' in my fan-girling ways. This was just adorable, aDORKable even! A story of an unlikely/likely romance between two characters that different in height, but not heart. I'm trying to think of something else to say aside from the cuteness... THE ART! Right, the art was wonderful, although it did take me some getting use to. The character design is all about emoting and the backgrounds are full of detail. Sometimes this combination gave me a little to much to look at going panel to panel but this is hardly a complaint. I also really found myself loving the alt. textured style of the single drawing page dividers. (Google me a Love*Com desktop background.)I'm excited to see how the story progresses. Hopefully the next volume will keep the momentum that has so vividly charged this first book.