JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Photobooth - Raynal Pellicer This book is pure inspiration! I love photobooths. As a kid every time I went to the big mall downtown I would try to get my picture taken in the little booth. I bought tiny little frames to put the best of them in and I still have those frames sitting up on my bookshelf. So needless to say, when I saw this I had to grab it from the library. This book takes my nostalgia to an entirely new level. Beautiful, wonderful, artistic and every bit as interesting as I hoped it would be. PHOTOBOOTH takes a look at all the angles from the history to the mystery behind why so many people love the photobooth not only as a way to take a quick snap but as an artistic medium of expression and museum quality art. Every single photograph is beautifully printed, there isn't any crowding (which makes a huge difference) and everyone is given their own place to shine.An entire section of the book is dedicated to pages where individual artists who have worked with the photobooth as a medium have written out there own experiences and thoughts on why they were personally drawn to it, discussing the art they have created.I just loved every second of flipping through this book. Right now all I want to do is go out and find one of those near extinct booths and get my picture taken. Seriously, wish me luck.