JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Bleach Volume 01: The Death and The Strawberry - Tite Kubo I was first introduced to Bleach through the anime and was pretty obsessed with it for a while, although I'm not currently caught up with the series. I was so incredibly excited when I saw this at the library that I grabbed the first three. Going from animation to art took a little getting used to. The dark shading of the art instead of colour was a bit more jarring then I expected it would be but all the small details in each scene is just remarkable. I was also surprised how much I just love the full page art for each chapter divide, I just want to take each one and pin it up on my wall.I just love this story and all it's serious action moments sprinkled with funny little quirks and jokes. Even though the book is exactly what the anime is based off of it is still incredibly interesting to read. My only problem was how quick the set up was, Ichigo turning into the Soul Reaper. It all happens in only a short chapter but is the set up of the entire plot. I would have liked to see a bit more time spent with this set-up, but it does move the story along quickly which isn't always a bad thing either. I think that the big thing that might be a problem for people just being introduced to Bleach is as the series moves along there are more and more characters introduced. Each character is incredibly recognizable and individual but don't expect to remember every one's name. While talking about the characters, can I just say that the character designs are just wow. Everything from the main cast to the hallows are just beautiful and intricate.I highly recommend this manga to anyone even remotely interested in the story. Definitely one of those books worth at least checking out.