JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Mind Over Magic - William Rabkin Having been a fan of the show for a while now, I was incredibly excited when I learnt there were book adaptations. This is the first of the Psych books that I've read and now that I'm done I can say that I did enjoyed the story but not in the ways that I thought I would knowing the show. My problem with the book was that a lot of it was build up for the plot. I expected more Shawn-Gus banter and I was disappointed of how little interaction there was between the characters. Something that I guess is to be expected, is that Psych is a character driven show but Rabkin doesn't have much he can do in terms of character development in the book since their main stage is still the show. He can't contradict future Psych plots and his writing seems very conscious of that. However, the story as a whole outside of the characters is great! The mystery was "out of this world", but if this wasn't a Psych story I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did.