JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Uncommon Criminals - Ally Carter The second book in the Heist Society series, Uncommon Criminals has definitely pulled though, with an incredibly interesting plot and the cast of established quirky characters from book one. I could not ask for anything more. I loved that the voices of the characters from listening to the first book were still in my head, everything came together and I actually found myself enjoying this book a little bit more then the first one. I love heists! There is nothing better then an excellently complicated heist, nemesis and all, boiling down to the most interesting conclusion. As all these events take place, you're waiting till the end for them to tell you exactly how they managed to pull it all off. After putting this down I was actually reminded of Ocean's Eleven, although it might not be everyone's favourite movie, the way that Ally Carter planned her heist, essentially creating the plausibly impossible, reminded me of the elaborate, yet believable plots of the sliver screen. This is something that I have to give props to Ally Carter for, creating a heist isn't easy, creating multiple heists is even harder and I was thoroughly impressed by each turn these plans took. Now, there isn't a lot of noticeable character development in this book but I found it interesting to see Kat still struggling to figure out exactly how her practices of stealing is different from her families, still feeling the sense of not belonging. Hale was also a big draw in the story, his character has really taken shape as caring and level-headed, yet still willing to follow Kat on whatever she's gotten herself into. I still don't quite understand his reaction to the kiss though, since that was never actually explained. In the last book when it came to the secondary characters (or "the crew") I was a little disappointed that their wasn't more back story for them since there was so much focus on Kat but this time around even though no more information is provided that was not something I cared to notice. They are excellently written for the parts of the crew that they play and that was good enough for me.Final note on the characters, Uncle Eddie/Charles, now that is an excellent excellent use of back story! It gave our villain a connection as well as giving the mythical Uncle Eddie some much needed backing up on his legendary status. I also loved Maggie as a character, she wasn't over played and she had a strong purpose. Gah, I loved this book! Loved it, loved it.