JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Queen of the Dead - Stacey Kade This one was a disappointment for me, it lacked the little things I loved about the last book and although the plot was interesting the characters had lost a lot all of their former likability replacing it with whining and a complete lack of common sense. Alona please, tell us more about your infinite self-destructive problems! And Will really you're going to question your entire philosophy after just one conversation with someone you don't even trust!? And while you're at it just go ahead and ignore these giant red flags about this little secret society. Let us review: your father quit, made sure they didn't know about your existence, then committed suicide! Maybe hanging around these folk is not a wise idea! which also doubles as a rant~Now, I have a feeling that this is one of those times where it just wasn't my thing and a lot of people will love this book because of their love for the first one. This was just not the sort story that I expected for the sequel of The Ghost and the Goth, a book that had such an amazing start with the world it was building. I wanted to see more of that layering but instead the book took off in what felt like a different direction, instead of sticking with its guns. I did however like the Alona-Lilly moments, they were very emotional and are what managed to bring me back into the story. Its fall out for me was that at its core it is a character driven story where I did not feel a connection to the characters. The first book had a strong foundation but this time around I was not invested and the little things gradually became more and more annoying. Now this is just me nit-picking, but an example of this were the constant "what happen last time!" info tidbits thrown about like confetti, there were just to many of them! The book needed an overview I'll admit that, but it should not still be happening past page 100 and should at least somewhat acknowledge that some readers did in fact read the first book.Overall, I just could not get past it's faults. There was some great potential, if only there was a little more love for the fantasy and a little less drama-angst!