JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade Since I don't really know where to start I'll just go with the basics, this book was a great read. I liked the characters of Killian and Alona and how their personalities were a balanced between being stereotypical teenagers and being average teenagers. The relationship between the two characters however... Although I enjoyed seeing some of their smaller moments there was something a bit lacking with how much they actually interacted with each other. Under the ghostly circumstances I can sort of understand how their relationship could turn romantic but I feel like the book wasn't long enough to give that dynamic any sort of extra push in that direction. I will say though, while reading this "lack" wasn't something I bother paying attention to. The plot was what kept my attention all the way through, with the ghostly development and the living, breathing conflicts surrounding the secondary characters. Each character had something interesting to add even if it didn't amount to much it rounded out the story and kept the plot at a good pace. Now, the one thing I really look forward to seeing in "ghost fiction" (give me a better title and I'll use it gladly.) is how the limits are set in the story, explaining a persons after death existence can be very much hit or miss. In The Ghost and the Goth I found the authors explanation to be really well done, serving the purpose of the story without getting to overly complicated. Now I'll be honest I wasn't really sure what to think of The Ghost and the Goth till the final part of the book, without giving spoilers the really story picked up for me and brought everything together in a way that made sense without being incredibly obvious. I'm intrigued to see how the story continues in the next book with things developing between Killian and Alona which I very much hope to be picking up sometime soon.