JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

American Vampire #1 - Stephen King, Scott Snyder, Rafael Albuquerque I wasn't sure what to expect when diving into this, as I am with almost all graphic novels but American Vampire, Vol 1 has definitely become a new favourite. Starting with the art and colours, they are so praise worthy! Together they really give the story this vividness that would have been impossible to create otherwise, with a gritty stylized feel to it that is just WOW. Now the writing was just as seamless, with the two stories weaved together I wasn't sure where the plot was going to go but seeing how everything came together I can say this is going to be a very interesting series to get into, coming to a conclusion but finishing knowing that there is so much more to come. One really notable thing I liked about the plot is the first story about Pearl being set in the 1920's instead of present day. Not only is this going to be interesting to see how things change as time begins to pass but it gave the story an empathise that I just can't put my finger on. Overall, Scott Snyder has created a remarkable world and characters with this story and with Stephen King working with him on the writing this series is just going to get better and better the more it develops. Here's looking forward to picking up Vol 2!