JessicaRobyn

Reading Robyn

Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes - Eleanor Coerr I originally heard the story of Sadako in 6th grade while learning about international cultures, my teacher reiterated it briefly during class to spur discussion but I was never really payed much attention. However the story still resonates with me and now years later after becoming more interested in history I wanted to revisit Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. This version of the story was sufficient enough to reintroduce me to the basics of the story and would be an excellent (although sad) introduction to the unknown after effects of the atom bomb and to Sadako's life story for any primary readers. The only real disappointment I had with this book was I was hoping for a bit more when it came to the artwork, it looked like colour paintings had been scanned and then printed off in black and white which was not at all what I was expecting with a story such as this one. Though all in all I'm happy I've taken another look into the story and with new interest I'm hoping to perhaps find a more detailed biography to read outside of the children section.